Subject: Re: easy way to make bolts in metal?
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 10:23:55 -0500

>(now if only they had a rail clone option that let you have a "centered offset"
>that would offset and angle inwards your clone object, but that's just too
>damn specific for a feature probably)
>
>---Mike

Select only the polygon on which the bolts will pe placed, and copy it to
another layer. Using the Bevel function, type in some appropriate amount for
Inset, and set Shift to zero. Use the points from this inset shape as the
basis for your path-cloning curve. As you remarked, sizing alone won't work
with a "T" or an "S" shape, but this will.

  
Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333